Friday, June 20, 2014
Are these summer showers causing your landscape to grow out of control? Perhaps the recent heavy storms have wreaked havoc on your plantings and created a mess. Good news! There are several things you can do to improve your home's outlook:
• Tame your flowers, weeds and shrubs; this is essential to an appealing landscape. If your landscape is overgrown, it depreciates your property’s appearance and value. Trimming out-of-control plants that are taking over your landscape and becoming an eyesore will spruce things up quickly!
• Flower beds quickly fill with weeds with unusually rainy weather. Removing grass and weeds from your landscape beds and along walkways and fences is a quick way to improve the overall appearance of your home. Cleaning up and refreshing your mulch will slow future weed growth, conserve water, and give distinguished lines to the landscape.
• Remove old, tired plantings or those destroyed by heavy winds and rains, and replace with fresh greenery and color. Attractive combinations of shrubs, evergreens, perennials and annuals can change the atmosphere of your property.
• Add lighting to highlight your beautiful landscape beds and line walkways. Even just a few well-placed lights can add quite the ambiance to the outdoor view of your home and give it a cozy, warm feel as well as add security.
• Create a pathway through a garden or well-landscaped area. There is an array of paving products offering colors and textures beyond basic concrete.
Contact Pittsburgh Stone and Waterscapes to schedule an estimate. Regain control of your flowers and greenery and give your landscape new life! Visit us at www.pghsw.com!
Posted by Pittsburgh Stone and Waterscapes at 11:51 AM